20.7.10

Flame of Truth

You can take it all, burn it up,
no longer is it needed.
a name, a place, a job, a life,
an anchor to something solid.
I am nothing and no one
Fire of truth consume me
I rest in peace,
in this there is contentment.

Once I looked for myself in things accomplished
I searched day in and out for completion by task
not knowing I was always there.
To discover a deeper knowing by standing still
is to arrive home once and for all.

In a broken world that asks us to do so much
In a world where breakneck paces speed us along unconsciously
I am content to remain quietly in place,
and with rended heart simply notice what is.
my contribution is different now
And if by some action I relieve suffering and lay claim
to some grand accomplishment
just laugh and remind me that infirmity shall retire me also

Surrender is the only true wisdom.

4 comments:

  1. ****my contribution is different now****

    beautiful, and I hope this is true for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I" have been enjoying playing with words. Mostly I just get out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way you are both so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete